Monday 20 April 2009

Roger goes to town

I went to see a friend in the wilds of Croydon this weekend (well, the edges of Croydon, is quite pretty there). Last time it took just over two hours to get there and about three to get back because of train delays and slogging around on the tube. This time I had Roger with me.

I popped to my local station, took Roger to Paddington, hopped across Hyde Park to Victoria, parked Roger and got the train to my friend's local station. Then I did it in reverse on the way back.

I got a bit lost on the way to Victoria (the Hyde Park cycle system is bizarre and there's loads of one-way roads everywhere else) so it took me about two hours from start to finish but, on the way back, I had a revelation. It took me an hour and a half in total. Half the time it took last time, and this time I got to cycle through Hyde Park in the sun. It was lovely.

Roger came out again on Sunday but it was less enjoyable. Doing shopping with a rucksack's horrible. It's heavy, cumbersome and on each bend you expect your eggs to break. Plus the freezer section is a little goosebumply....

No comments:

Post a Comment