Thursday 11 February 2010

Well that was exhausting

My God it was windy today.

I felt knackered about 10 minutes in and I wasn't the only one. I shared the road with many weary-looking cyclists battling the wind one on more than one occasion saw someone who'd been drafting attempt an overtake only to be battered back into line by the wind.

Eugh.

It ruined my good mood somewhat. What good mood? I hear you ask. Well, since you asked, the good mood caused by my being forced to stop and strip off my jacket halfway to work. It was a hassle but is proof that spring (and therefore summer) is acoming.

I was so hot I felt like I was going to explode so had to take it off for the first time in a couple of months. Lovely.

4 comments:

  1. What do you mean, "Spring is coming"? It's 1.7 degrees out there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah...1.7 degrees is sort of spring for cycling...especially if it is sunny outside.

    But I know what you mean about the winds. Now, I'm a small person, pair that with an unsteady balance testing rucksack and I actually end up being physically moved by the wind.

    My mother laughed at me when I told her the wind slowed me down! She's not a cyclist, can't cycle and so I think will be highly surprised once she does get on a bike and realise the full effect of even a mild wind against you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Non-cyclists know nothing of wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No they tell you it isn't windy when you know it is!

    I had the stop take jacket off on the way home last friday - lovely feeling!

    ReplyDelete