Tuesday 12 October 2010

Bike theft and insurance

My new employer is fairly bike friendly. They offer Ride to Work, but their bike racks are butterfly ones and there's often jostling for space.

Yesterday two bikes went missing, during the day, from the racks.

They were both nice bikes and I'm gutted for the owners, both of whom are colleagues. Bike theft really annoys me. Any kind of theft does, to be honest. It's just such a lazy and dishonest thing to do. Bastards.

I, touch wood, have never had a bike stolen but my parents have had theirs stolen twice and many people I know have been hit multiple times. Both Roger and Reg are insured against theft as well as my paying for membership of the London Cycle Campaign so that I get free third party insurance and legal advice of I have an accident. My insurance costs about £7 a month for both bikes and LCC membership is about £35 a year.

In my opinion, it's worth every penny.

Think about it people.

No comments:

Post a Comment